OpenSplice DDS Forum
bdavis

Apache Vortex

the github repository was easy to find, and the apache mailing list is vacant.

where would one go to keep up with the development of this project?  or even to contribute?

thanks,

Bud Davis

The OpenSplice-DDS Community Edition (CE) follows the commercial edition with 1 minor-release behind i.e. whilst the commercial edition is currently at 6.10, the community-edition is at 6.9.

The commercial-edition comes with (paid-for) support as well as options for supported frozen-versions (we have many customers that require 15+ years of support for such a 'frozen' and thus potentially 'old' version).

Furthermore there's some extra's that come with the commercial version such as tooling (OpenSplice Tuner/Tester/RnRManager) and some deployment extra's (federated-deployment, streams-API, recording-and-replay, to name a few).

Occasionally we get some requests from the community for new features which we'll introduce first in the commercial edition (where they'll become available in the CE a few months later) and/or we can 'backport' them 'early' into a (maintenance-update) of the CE .. something we recently did for ROS2 for instance.

For ideas/suggestions you can use this forum (as always) and for contributions I'd suggest creating pull-requests here https://github.com/ADLINK-IST/opensplice

Regards,

- Hans

man, i am sorry.  i meant 'cyclone dds'.  the one that is currently under development by Apache.   There doesn't seem to be an open communications channel (from the apache website, that is).

the projects very small footprint is very intersting; i would like to become involved at least from a testing and 'complain about it' perspective. :)

No problem,

Cyclone DDS is actually called "Eclipse Cyclone DDS" and (as the name suggests) is an Eclipse IOT opensource-project.

Some 'resources' around it can be found here:

We're always looking for feedback and/or contributors and there's several options to do so:

image.png

and with some contribution examples:

image.png